Dates and Registration
- September 5 - GAD Fall Workshop at Kennesaw State University, KSU Center
- October 3 - Competition Coordinators' planning meeting
- October 15 - District Registration Deadline - Test Requests due
- October 31 - Deadline for registration refund
- November 10-14 - Scrimmage Test (Test A)
- November 20 - PAGE GAD Advisory Board Meeting
- January 9 - Competition Coordinators' Planning Session
- January 12-16 - District-level Competition (Test B)
- January 20- Deadline - submit Wild Card score sheets
- January 22- Notification to teams - Wild Card Invitational
- January 23- All teams competing at state must have Intent to Participate and Preliminary Roster faxed/e-mailed to State Director
- February 1 - Hotel Reservations – Deadline
- February 1 - State Competition – Deadline for Registration
- February 2 and 3 - Mandatory login practice with online essay system
- February 4 and 5 - Online Essay Event for State Competition
- February 27-28 - State Competition (Test C)
- March 13 - Competition Coordinators – Debriefing Meeting
- April 16-18 - USAD National Competition – Garden Grove, California
- May 1 - GAD Honor Cord orders due
We are planning now for the 2014-2015 season of PAGE Georgia Academic Decathlon (GAD) and we definitely want your school district to participate. While prices of everything else are going up, thanks to our PAGE Foundation support, the registration fee for GAD remains at $200 per school district. (This fee covers: registration with United States Academic Decathlon, official tests, registration for coaches and the district coordinator for the Fall Workshop and registration for the State Competition if your team advances. - This is a big grant from the PAGE Foundation. Most other states require an additional fee for attending State Competition.) Please process your registration form for participating in the 2014-2015 Academic Decathlon by October 15, 2014. No refund can be given to a school/district withdrawing after October 31, 2014. Download a District Registration Form here.
PROMOTIONAL VIDEO: We have produced a promotional video that can be used to recruit coaches, or explain decathlon to administration, parents and prospective decathletes. The video can be found by clicking "Promotional Video" at the beginning of this section or by visiting www.pagefoundation.org/gad and clicking on the link in the opening paragraph of our home page.
GAD FALL WORKSHOP: Our collegiate partner, Kennesaw State University hosts our Fall Workshop for coaches, coordinators, and decathletes, this year on Friday, September 5, 2014. Kennesaw State University's KSU Center is located on I-75 north of Atlanta in Cobb County (3333 Busbee Dr NW, Kennesaw GA 30144 - NOT on main campus). We encourage coaches and district-level coordinators to act now and reserve this workshop date so that you can be sure to attend. Sessions will be offered for each decathlon event and they will be designed for members of your team to gain information on the topic as well as competition. There is no charge for coaches and district coordinators to attend (it is included in your district registration fee). There is a per decathlete fee of $17. The deadline for registering for this workshop is August 27, 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: Information about Academic Decathlon, the curriculum topics for 2014-2015 and how to order curriculum materials can be found on the United States Academic Decathlon website www.usad.org and on the PAGE Foundation website: www.pagefoundation.org/gad. You are encouraged to check these websites often for information and links to information about Academic Decathlon and related topics. Click here to see a topical outline of the 2014-2015 curriculum.
TEST REQUEST FORM: The deadline for returning the Test Request Form is October 15, 2014. If you wish, this form may be turned in at the GAD Fall Workshop at Kennesaw State University on Friday, September 5th. All testing materials will be distributed to district coordinators electronically. Download a Test Request Form here.
USAD 2014-2015 CURRICULUM: The USAD Study Guide is now available and curriculum information can be found on the USAD website - www.usad.org. The curriculum for 2014-2015 is New Alternatives in Energy: Ingenuity and Innovations.
Please check the USAD website (www.usad.org) for a complete listing of curriculum materials. Curriculum materials orders are being filled now if you pre-ordered your curriculum materials. If you have not ordered your curriculum materials as yet, you should do so right away. Check the USAD website for information regarding curriculum updates. Check the PAGE Foundation website and click on “GAD” for information about the PAGE GAD 2014-2015 academic year.
If you have questions regarding GAD, please call Michelle Crawford, Assistant Director or Cary Sell, State Director. Michelle and Cary can be reached at any of the numbers or email address listed below.
Cary W. Sell, GAD State Director
Michelle Crawford, GAD Assistant Director